The Estate is formed of the residential property in London SE1 owned (or formerly owned) by the Corporation of Trinity House ('Trinity House'), which is the General Lighthouse Authority for England, Wales, the Channel Islands and Gibraltar.
Trinity House acquired the land in 1661 and the Estate was built in the early 19th century. The residential part today consists of Trinity Church Square and Merrick Square with the properties that back on to them inthe surrounding streets, Cole Street, Swan Street and Falmouth Road, and part of Trinity Street. The properties are a variety of sizes of flats and houses, let on several types of tenancy. Most of the Estate was made a Conservation Area in 1968. In November 2008 the Estate was 'rebranded' as Trinity Village.
The centrepiece of the Estate is the former Holy Trinity Church, now Henry Wood Hall, an orchestral rehearsal hall and recording studio.